Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

On Sunday Brandon and I had our very first Thanksgiving dinner.  Since we are leaving in a couple weeks we wanted to throw a last "thank you" party... and what better way then to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Since Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Australia, it was fun to share one of our holiday traditions.  We had 12 of our closest friends over to celebrate (there were a couple that couldn't make it unfortunately).  
This was our first time cooking a thanksgiving dinner.  I was a little intimidated by the turkey so I had Brandon be in charge of cooking it.  He used a Jamie Oliver recipe that he found online... it was a citrus recipe, and turned out so yummy.  I have to admit it was probably the tastiest turkey I've ever had.  Well done Brandon!  
Since Brandon was in charge of the turkey I took over the rest of the menu.  I made 4 pumpkin pies, sweet potato bake (turned out so yummy), and 2 trays of stuffing.  Other people pitched in and brought mashed potatoes, veggies, ice cream, rolls and drinks.  There was SO much food.  Just the way it should be on thanksgiving!  If you don't leave feeling uncomfortably stuffed then you haven't experienced thanksgiving to the fullest. 
It was a wonderful night.  We are so grateful to have such wonderful friends to celebrate thanksgiving with.  We love our Aussie family! 
pumpkin pie
Brandon the turkey man
Brandons masterpiece

Ella enjoying some thanksgiving goodness 
Mel and Jacob


Digging in
My wonderful hubby
Maddie stuffing her face
Our Aussie family (minus a few)


We have so much to be thankful for.  :)  Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 




No comments: