Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween party

Brandon and I had our annual Halloween party on Nov 3.  Since Halloween is an American holiday, and most Australian's don't celebrate it we decided we needed to take matters into our own hands, and show these Aussies how Halloween's done. The night was filled with crazy costumes, treats galore, catch phrase and murder in the dark (my all time favorite).  
My wonderful friend Jade put together Ella's costume.  Before I had Ella I would always fantasize about what costume I would dress my baby up in... I am a huge fan of lady bug costumes on baby girls, and since Ella's nickname is bug it actually was pretty perfect.  The costume turned out perfect, and Ella looked adorable.  Thanks Jade!  
I decided to dress up as a bee to match Ella.  I was contemplating what Brandon should be... then it hit me, "The Birds and The Bees."  haha  it was perfect.  So I got to work on making Brandon's costume.  I bought the mask, added a few feathers, and then glued feathers onto his shirt and shorts.  I completed the costume with some snazzy wings.  I was pretty proud of myself... haha.  It turned out great.  I couldn't stop laughing at  his costume the whole night.  
My little bug
The birds + the bees= one little lady (bug)

Sorry people the sexy pose had to be done.... I mean c'mon we are the birds and the bees!

Here are the goodies that I made for the party.  Oreo truffles (so easy and yummy), and lofthouse sugar cookies (you know the big fluffy pink sugar cookies you can buy in the US).  Click on the desserts to get the recipe.  :) 








It was such a fun night! It's sad to think this will be our last Halloween Party in Perth.  Jade is taking our decorations, and has promised to live on our Halloween legacy! :) 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, when I saw your hubbies costume, I literally Laughed out! How funny and creative you are!! SO AWESOME!! When you are back in the states we will have to have halloween parties here! Cant wait for you to be home! Love you guys!