Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Christmas Eve and Christmas with the Reese's

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with the Reese's.  The Reese clan is also big on Christmas traditions.  On Christmas eve we started the evening off by having soup and bread sticks and then going to temple square to look at the Christmas lights. I love the lights at temple square.  It really makes me feel the Christmas spirit. I haven't seen them for the past 2 years or more so I was very excited.  It was snowing really hard so Joni stayed home with little Ella and let Brandon and I go look at the lights.


 After we got home from looking at the lights we opened our Christmas Pj's and our family gifts. Each year we draw a family members name to buy a present for.  I had Ryan this year, and bought him an Ipod plug for the car so he can listen to his ipod while driving.  Kelli had my name and she bought me slipper socks (she knows me well...  I hate cold feet!) and a scarf!  Then we ate lots of chip dip, buffalo chicken dip and artichoke dip, as well as little smokies (mini hot dogs with bbq sauce and bacon).  yum! Usually we play a game on Christmas Eve but we all were pretty tired so we just stayed up and chatted instead.  It is so fun to have the Reese family together.  This is the first time we have all been together in close to 5 years!  I love that I am part of such a tight knit family.  It's such a blast when we all get together! :) 
Christmas morning we woke up opened presents and spent the day relaxing and spending time together.  Later that night the boys stayed home to watch the kiddies and us girls got to go see Les Mis... which has to be one of my all time favorite movies.  I absolutely loved it, and was pretty much holding back tears the whole time.  

Merry Christmas
**On a side note I am horrible at remembering to take pictures.  I am hoping I can steal some pictures from my sister in law Heather, because I didn't take any.  My dad loves taking pictures so I always manage to have a million from the Amussen side but hardly any from the Reese side. Boo! I need to be better about taking photos... possibly a new years resolution?!?!

No comments: