Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Amussen Christmas

Each year we rotate the family we spend Christmas with.  This year was Christmas with the Reese side.  We celebrated the Amussen Christmas on December 24th.
yay for Christmas! 

My family is big on traditions.  On Christmas eve (which we celebrated on the 23rd) we have a seafood dinner (Brandon's favorite) including bacon wrapped scallops, king lobster, shrimp, then a mandarin salad, orange rolls (my favorite), and sweet potatoes.  After dinner we open our Christmas eve presents which include new PJ's, an ornament, a Christmas book, movie and a game.  This year I got slippers for Christmas, and Michelle made matching PJ's for us 3 girls (Ella, Michelle and I).  She is so talented!  Ella was added into the Christmas tradition, and got her first Christmas ornament.  I brought home a book from Australia for Ella's Christmas book.  It's called Santa's Aussie Holiday.  It is such a cute book, and very fitting considering she is our little Aussie baby.  She loved eating it.
Christmas Eve presents
For our Christmas eve gift we got the game Baulderdash, which I love.  It has to be one of my favorite games.  It is a really fun bluffing game, basically a test to see who the most believable liar is.  You have to be really creative, and some of the answers people come up with are hilarious.
We had brownies with peppermint ice cream for dessert.  I love peppermint ice cream!  We all were too tired to watch the movie (Men in Black 3), so we went to sleep.  Ella was teething and had jet lag, so it was a treacherous night for Brandon and I.  Ella stayed up until 5am crying, and screaming.  I tried everything... not even infant tyenol would do the trick.  I finally got her to calm down by rocking in front of the Christmas tree and singing Christmas carols, but as soon as I tried to set her down it started all over again.  Needless to say we were SO exhausted the next morning.  Not ideally how you'd like to start Christmas morning.


yum!
Ella loved playing with the wrapping paper
Christmas Ornament I made for the grandparents

Matching pjs that Michelle made

No comments: