Australians all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea:
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare,
In history's page let every stage
Advance Australia fair,
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Australia fair.
Beneath our radiant Southern Cross,
We'll toil with hearts and hands,
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands,
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share,
With courage let us all combine
To advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia fair.
It was our first Australia day since moving to Perth. To celebrate Australia Day and show some Aussie pride (even though I'm American) Anouck and I enrolled in the Havaiana Thong Challenge.... erhm 'flip flop' challenge. Brandon wasn't too keen on the idea so he didn't come... but after hearing the exciting tales, I'm pretty sure he'll be joining us next year.
Each year on Australia day, beaches around Australia (Western Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, and South Australia) participate in the Havaiana Thong Challenge. The thong challenge for Western Australia was held at Cottesloe beach this year. It cost $30.00 to enter, which gets you a massive inflatable thong. The challenge is to see how many people they can get out on the water. Everyone has to link together while on their tube, and a picture is taken from a helicopter up above. They count how many people are out on the water and the state with the most people wins!
We got all decked out for the special occasion
We had such a good timeResults from the challenge
COTTESLOE - 1947 (We got second place!)
TORQUAY - 1185
MOOLOOLABA - 1167
GLENELG - 443

2 comments:
Lis, you look so pretty in those pictures. And happy. I'm so glad you and my brother are doing so well. Although we miss you greatly. This is an amazing time in your lives and I'm happy you guys have made the very most of it.
I wish so bad that you would've gotten a baby thong for Beck. Those are so funny! And congrats on Cottesloe winning 2nd place. I feel like I've been there from all of the photos and then Anouck talked to us about it a lot. It's fun to feel a part of your lives.
Oh, I got the picture you sent of you and Michelle "kissing" Brandon. That is so funny! Can you believe you've known him for so long? Your husband was right in front of you and you didn't even know it. :)
Lisa, looks like you and Brandon are LOVING Australia and soaking up every minute! Jealous of all your fun adventures you guys have had the chance to do!! White water rafting, sky diving, scuba diving geesh! Way to live life :) I really enjoyed reading about your adventures.
Thong challenge what a funny idea! Those Aussie's know how to have fun it seems. And looks like your now famous in Australia :)
Post a Comment