Aussie Slang Word of the Day is....
Spewin: Very angry
I thought I would give you a quick update on how the marathon training is going thus far.

You can click on this link to view the map of my run today and the runs I've done over the past couple of weeks.
- Furthest distance 8.03 miles (12.92 kilometers) using RunKeeper
- Average run 5.7 miles (9.17 kilometers) using RunKeeper
- Average speed is about 9 min 30 seconds per mile (10 min+ during warm up and cool down)
- Average climb 340 feet
- 39.6 miles (63.73 kilometers) ran in the month of January so far using RunKeeper (probably closer to 50 miles total)
- Average calories burned 780
- Average duration 59 minutes
Things I've learned about running:
- Do not drink 'up and go' in the morning before running (instant breakfast drink). It will make you sick. It's better to drink Gatorade/ water & go on an empty stomach before running, then eat when you get done.
- Gatorade & powerade is the bomb!
- I heart carb-loading! Mel and I take this to mean we can pig out on peanut butter cookies. Not the best carb choice, but delicious! I do find that eating lots of carbs the night before helps give me more energy on my run.
- The 1st couple of miles are the hardest for me. It sometimes takes awhile to get into 'running mode,' or for your body to wake up.
- After you hit mile 3, running becomes an automatic response and requires a lot less effort. You don't have to work as hard.
- Miles 4, 5 & 6 are a breeze! I get a total burst of energy and feel like I can run forever!
- Miles 7 and 8 today were tough, because it's a lot of stair climbing... I am able to run some of it, but need to build up my endurance.
- I still have a lot of training to do. The thought of running 26.2 miles (42.19 Kilometers) is terrifying.
- The half marathon is on March 13th. Which Mel and I will be signing up for tonight. Hopefully I can still keep up with the training when I go home to SLC... i'll be rockin the treadmill!
Here are some pictures I have taken from my iphone on my morning runs
My wonderful hubby who brings me water when I run past his work in the city. Cutest water boy in the whole world might I add! ;)
So Brandon thought it would be funny if I posted this picture and tricked you all into thinking he has put on some weight since moving to Perth.
I thought I would post a few pictures of Brandon on his new road bike. :)
** Anyone who would like to share tips on running a marathon... it would be greatly appreciated. :)
3 comments:
Here's my tip. I have not run a marathon, but I trained for one and got injured so I couldn't run it:(. Maybe you already know this but this is where I messed up so here it is anyway:
Buy two pairs of great shoes and alternate using them and use one of the pairs for your marathon run.
Wow, it's beautiful there. I'm jealous you are running a marathon! I wish I could train with you. I love to run. Good luck!
HAHAHA, Wow, Brandon has been loading up on those carbs with you, hasn't he? Tell him to lay off those PB cookies. he he. Lisa, I'm freaking out excited that you are coming home next month. Can I run with you? I'm doing major workouts every night to get my body back in shape and running would be awesome. Yes, even in the cold. :)
Good job on marathon training. I have no advice to offer as I have never run one but GOOD LUCK. Oh, I also updated with Beck's birthday pictures. I know, I am proud of myself for doing so since it's been FOREVER. Love you guys!
Music is a must, and it's always nice to have a good running partner. I have ran 2 marathons, and I loved using GU for my energy (chocolate GU was my favorite) and using ICY/HOT is good for sore muscles. Also, by mile 12 I would start to hurt, IB profun can help even taking it in the middle of a run :) Good luck, it's an amazing feeling to accomplish running a marathon!
Post a Comment