Australian Slang of the Day
Minga: someone who is unfortunate looking
I am currently sitting at the Sydney airport in the international terminal, awaiting my 16 hour plane ride to LA. As if the 17 hours wasn't enough torture, I also have a 7 hour layover here in Sydney, and a 4 hour layover in LA. I took a red eye flight from Perth to Sydney at 12:00am-4:00am. I feel a bit jet lag drugged already due to the lack of sleep, and it's only the beginning. I still have another 24 hours or so to go. haha oh well, what better way to pass the time then to blog.

No I haven't forgotten about my families vacation, but instead of going through the days one by one, I am now compiling them into one blog entry
consisting of my favorite memories/pictures.
'Bush walking' in Kings Park and the tree top walk
Beach Bums. We spent lots of time at the beach...
My "goal" was to teach Michelle how to body surf. That didn't work out so well. Michelle has been petrified of sharks since 3rd grade. Her 3rd grade teacher was fascinated with shark attacks and Michelle has been scarred ever since.... (good thing there are no sharks in Australia wink wink) she is also slightly terrified of waves. haha So instead of body surfing I decided to take baby steps, and teach her how to swim under a wave. She was a bit timid at first, but got the hang of it. Maybe someday we'll work up to the body surfing.

*Sailing*

Rent a yacht! We took the 'cats' (mini catamarans) out for a spin around the swan river. There was zero wind, so not the best day to go sailing, but we still had a good time. I am proud to say that Michelle and I kicked Brandon and my moms butts sailing!

BBQ on the beach. Sounds amazing right. That's what we thought.
Unfortunately the weather did not want to
cooperate and it was practically a tornado outside. We could barely eat because our food kept trying to fly off our forks. The seagulls were of course loving this. We had quite the seagull
audience circled around us. It was still fun though, and delicious. Brandon you are the King of the BBQ!

Rent a bike
extravaganza.
For the last activity of the trip we rented bikes and rode around the swan river. It was a blast... that was until Michelle nearly ended my life, in order to save the life of a duck. I was riding behind Michelle, probably a little too closely, when all of a sudden without any warning, she hits her brakes to allow a duck to cross the road. I am a good foot, if that, behind her, so I slam on my front brakes (bad idea), and go flying over the handle bars. I don't know how I survived this, but I managed to land on my feet after my bike did a complete flip.

Bike trail

Last night in Perth. Tear. It was my moms birthday the day they flew home (April 11
th) so we celebrated a day early. We took them for a celebration dinner at
The Old Swan Brewery, which is on the swan river. It was delicious! Happy Birthday Mom! :)

The Old Swan Brewery

Can't wait to see you in 20 + hours!!!!
1 comment:
Time is going by so fast! I can't believe we were there almost 3 months ago and now you've already come and gone :( I guess we are that much closer to you being home! I hope that school is going well. Skype me soon! Love you xoxox
Post a Comment