Dog Eye: Meat Pie
Sometimes Aussies like to make slang words that rhyme... If this doesn't make sense to you, it's okay, I'm a little confused myself.
I thought I would take a quick break from my family vacation novel, to talk about what Brandon and I have been up to for the past couple weekends. A couple weeks ago Brandon and I decided to go on a random adventure, so we jumped in the car and took a road trip down to Mandurah. Mandurah is about an hour south of the city. We had never been there before so we let destiny be our guide... and destiny lead us to this little gem...
King Carnival.
We bought some tickets....
Went on the small rickety Farris wheel.

Went on the tilt-a-whirl... which i'll get to later.

Drove the bumper cars. We were the only two people. It was awesome!!!!

Back to the tilt-a-whirl. This was by far the fastest ride I have ever been on in my entire life! Not joking. I wish I was...because looking at this ride, it looks pretty whimpy right? Yeah, that's what we thought.... Yet again we were the only two people on the ride. The carni man took our tickets, and then proceeded to give us a talk about holding on tight, and tucking our heads in so we don't get whip lash. I was thinking sure whatever we can definitely handle it. hahah think again. He told us to raise our hand, to signal when we had enough and wanted him to stop. Boy were we in for a surprise. It started off pretty fast, similar to the one they have at lagoon. This one however not only goes around, but you are spinning in a circle at the same time. We were loving it in the beginning. I couldn't stop laughing. I felt like a little kid again. Then it got faster, and faster, and faster, and FASTER... until I literally thought my head was going to spin off. My head was flopping all over the place, definitely had whip lash, and I was hanging out the side of the cart. At this point there was no more laughing, but pure fear. The problem was I couldn't even raise my hand to give him the secret signal to stop the ride. I finally managed to blurt out- Brandon. stop. Brandon raised his hand, and finally the ride stopped. I could barely walk I was so dizzy. That is a ride, and weekend I will never forget!
The following weekend us girls had a wild 'girls night out', and went to a fashion show at Skatt salon. My friend Jade knows the owner, Lisa. (her name is cool, so she has to be cool) It was amazing!
You can't really tell that it is broken in this picture. The counter is slanted downwards and falling off the wall. Sad sad day.
Drove the bumper cars. We were the only two people. It was awesome!!!!
Back to the tilt-a-whirl. This was by far the fastest ride I have ever been on in my entire life! Not joking. I wish I was...because looking at this ride, it looks pretty whimpy right? Yeah, that's what we thought.... Yet again we were the only two people on the ride. The carni man took our tickets, and then proceeded to give us a talk about holding on tight, and tucking our heads in so we don't get whip lash. I was thinking sure whatever we can definitely handle it. hahah think again. He told us to raise our hand, to signal when we had enough and wanted him to stop. Boy were we in for a surprise. It started off pretty fast, similar to the one they have at lagoon. This one however not only goes around, but you are spinning in a circle at the same time. We were loving it in the beginning. I couldn't stop laughing. I felt like a little kid again. Then it got faster, and faster, and faster, and FASTER... until I literally thought my head was going to spin off. My head was flopping all over the place, definitely had whip lash, and I was hanging out the side of the cart. At this point there was no more laughing, but pure fear. The problem was I couldn't even raise my hand to give him the secret signal to stop the ride. I finally managed to blurt out- Brandon. stop. Brandon raised his hand, and finally the ride stopped. I could barely walk I was so dizzy. That is a ride, and weekend I will never forget!
Apparently I missed the memo about wearing black.
There was one down side to the evening. The runway was down the center of the salon, with a counter on the right side against the wall, where the hairdressers work their magic. Usually there would be chairs next to the counter, but they took them all out to make more room. So our bright idea, along with many other people, was to sit/lean on the counter while watching the fashion show. Bad idea. The counter went crashing down. People had champagne glasses on the counter, and those also went crashing to the floor, shattering into a million pieces. The room went silent and the entire crowd turned to glare at us. Sorry Lisa. Bad first impression....
Luckily it should be a fairly easy fix.
But all in all, it was a wonderful weekend!
6 comments:
O m gsh. Who's that freak by the counter?
I don't know her!
i am literally laughing out loud right now. too bad its 2 am here and i have to be quiet so i dont wake josh up. but i can picture you on that ride..
I laughed just as hard reading this post as I did when you told me the story over skype!! Just be glad you didn't throw up like a memory we both share of the colossus.
You need to teach me how to blog! Love you!
Did the carnival have creepy music???
Oh Lisa!!! I can only imagine what that would've been like when the counter broke!!! Totally wish I was there to see it! hahaha They should have warned people that the counter was a pansy... hmmm
I'm glad you wore red. It's fitting really. You definitely stand out in a crowd my dear!!! xoxo
Love and miss you lots!!!
HAHA- Lisa you and your adventures!! I imagined you at the carnival and it made me laugh. Sounds like you guys are having a BLAST! Ah, I cannot wait for you to come back in a couple of weeks!
I really need to catch up on my blog.. we're getting internet this week. I miss you tons and tons!!!
Hey, Brandon and Lisa. I'm heading to your Mom's for dinner tonight to see Michelle & Brad's new puppy. I'm glad to see you're doing so well and having a great time in Australia. We sure miss you back home. Take care. Love, Aunt Cathy
Post a Comment