Thursday, April 1, 2010

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It is 12:00 am, and I am wide awake... Why you ask? Could be the fact that my friend Jade made me paranoid that my blog is lame sauce ;), could be that I took Tylenol PM last night, woke up late this morning with a hangover and am now feeling rather buzzed, or... could be because my family will be here in less than 24 hours. I'm going to go with the latter one.
So, instead of lying in my uncomfortable squeaky bed, I will tell you a sad story about what happened to my poor little car yesterday. I am slightly ashamed to write about what happened. But, I have a problem, and they say that admitting the problem is the first step to recovery. So here it goes. My names is Lisa Reese, and I have a problem with hitting stationary objects. There I said it, phew. Only in the comfort of this blog, would I ever admit something so personal. (hopefully Brandon doesn't read this, because I haven't been willing to fess up to it until now) So here is what happened. I drove to Coles grocery store, and proceeded to pull into a parking space. I may have slightly over corrected the steering wheel, and I managed to scrape the persons car that was next to me. ugh. Don't you hate when you do something stupid, and no matter how hard you try, you can't take it back? I jumped out of the car to analyse the damage. Not so good. There is about a 2 inch wide scratch across their drivers side door. I'm standing there mentally kicking myself in the head and working out a plan, when the owner of the car walks over. So I explained to the friendly Asian woman, my careless mistake and repetitively apologize. She was very forgiving, even considering the fact that it was a brand new car and they had just gotten it registered. My bad. So we exchanged information, and I called Brandon to inform him of the unpleasant news. First thing I said was, I did something that you are not going to be happy about, please don't be mad... and I proceeded on pleading my case. I did hear a rather large sigh on the other end of the phone, but other than that he remained fairly calm. I have an amazing husband. He did mention that he thought this was an ongoing problem of mine, which up until now, like I said, I haven't been willing to let up on. Yes, I scratched his Honda trying to parallel park one day at Utah State University. Yes, I I backed into the garbage can at my parents house and broke the side mirror of Michelle's Mazda. Yes, in high school I ran over a large round-about, causing serious damage to the Axel of the car (I think that's what it's called). Okay, yes I have a problem. I have never been in an accident, but give me a stationary object and you have a 73.8 chance I will hit it.
Needless to say, it was NOT a good day! They will be taking their car in to get quotes on paint jobs. Cross your fingers that it won't be too expensive. As for our car, not a single scratch. Our little blue Getz may be small, but it can hold it's own apparently. We are trying to think of a name for our little car. If you have any ideas let me know! The day only proceeded to get worse after that... I think I was being punished for my poor conduct. I had to go to the doctors office to get 2 immunizations. If you know me well enough than you know that me and needles do not get along very well. So needless to say, I was not looking forward to this what so ever.
The last time I went to the doctors, which was two weeks ago, I had to get my blood drawn, and I passed out. I would like to pretend it was because I hadn't had breakfast that morning, but they only took one vile of blood, so I'm not sure that I can get away with that story. I was calm and collected the whole time the nurse was taking my blood, at least I think I was. Then when she was done, I was sitting there and all of a sudden the area where she took my blood acquired a rather uncomfortable heart beat, everything got speckley, I started having cold sweats, there was a loud ringing in my ears and I was out. Recalling this experience is even making me feel slightly nausious.
At the rate my day was going, I was certain that this was going to be yet another unpleasant doctors visit. Luckily I made it out fully conscious. It was quite the accomplishment for me. So in this blog I leave you with two confessions, 1. we have already discussed in great detail, I hit stationary objects, and 2. I am terrified of needles.
That is all for tonight. Hopefully now that I have laid my conscience out on the table for you I will be able to get some shut eye.
p.s 22 hours exactly until I see my family! :)

5 comments:

Chanse and Janell said...

Oh Lisa! You are too funny:) Everyone makes mistakes, especially while driving! At least it was only a scratch and nothing more!

I'm so excited for you to have your mom and sissy coming to see you! Have loads of fun!

Jade said...

your blog is NOT LAME. It's fabulous. And I'm pretty sure if ANYone has a lame blog... that would be ME. At least you talk about things people are interested in - me? Not so much. I just talk about whatever comes into my head at the time. Keep writing. I'll keep reading - and commenting!
You're wicked sticks! xx

Randi said...

Just found your guys' blog. Excellent times! Perth looks so gorgeous. My grandparents were missionaries in Perth in the mid-80s and they really loved it there.

We, too, have a blog. http://alecandrandi.blogspot.com/

Hope you guys are doing well. We wish we could come visit, but law school/having a baby might make it impossible before you come back.

Jordan and Heather Hart said...

How hilarious! I keep learning new things about you. At least they are not moving objects- that could be far worse.. think about it. :)
Are you having a blast w/your mom and Michelle in town? How fun!! Oh I chatted w/Bill and marilyn and it sounds like they would like to come back maybe the second year or so that you guys are there. :)

Natalie said...

Ew, I, too, have issues with needles whether it's immunizations or getting blood drawn. *shudder*

But yay for your family coming to visit you! :)