Hello Hello,
and the "Aussie Slang Word of the Day" is......


Meet Trisha the elephant. They take Trisha for walks around the park, to give her some exercise. Michelle was super excited about this, as you can see. Elephants just so happen to be her favorite animal, so this made her day!
Brandon riding a numbat. yeee haaaa
and the "Aussie Slang Word of the Day" is......
Brekkie: Breakfast
So I am going to make a conscious effort not to ramble on too much during this post, and to strictly get to the point, because my families vacation is going to turn into a month long project if I don't.
As always, a quick update on our end. School is going great for me. I had a 4 day weekend, because of ANZAC day, which I will explain below. The break was amazing! It was a well deserved, and needed break after the week I had. Saturday afternoon my mate Jade, took me OP shopping. For those of you who don't know what OP shops are, they are thrift shops, or for all you Utahans better known as the D.I. Don't get me wrong OP shops can have some pretty growdy stuff, but if you are dedicated in your search efforts, you are bound to find some amazing treasures. I spent $50.00 and bought, hold your breath... 3 blouses, a sweater, 2 dresses, 2 t-shirts, a jacket, and a pair of shoes (the shoes were bran-spankin new, originally $110, and I got them for a whopping $7.00). I think Brandon was slightly worried at first when I walked in the door with my large bag of purchases, but his concern quickly turned to disbelief and amazment; $50.00 can't beat that.
Brandon had 2 sailboat races last week, and one this week. Saturday he was gone for a good 5 and 1/2 hours! I was beginning to wonder if he fell overboard or something was wrong, but turns out there was no wind so they got stuck in the middle of the swan river. His crew members took advantage of the time to relax, had one too many glasses of wine, and ended up missing half of the course. Luckily Brandon, with his glass of water, was able to get them safely back to the yaht club. Leave it to the Mormons to be your designated driver, or navigator in this case. Brandon is becoming a great sailor, and is currently learning how to be a wave jocky... don't know what that is, neither do I... so you'll have to ask him. :)
Sunday was ANZA day, Australia's memorial day where everyone commemorates the brave soldiers that served in the war.
See I've already rambled on farrrrr tooooo long! Let's get to the important stuff now. On the third day of my family's visit, we went to the Perth Zoo, and then took a tour of Curtin University.
Perth Zoo
and a rather large one at that.. This mean killing machine has to be in solitary confinement, because he killed his other fellow cros. Don't mess with this guy!
Stop Kookaburra! Stop Kookaburra!
Leave some there for me
Ever wonder what a Kookaburra is... now ya know!
They give their elephants art classes. Too bad it cost $200.00 for an elephant painting or I would totally buy one!
I wanted to show Michelle and my mom around the Curtin campus, so they can see where I spend most hours of my day. They really enjoyed the campus.
Did I mention that Curtin has an amazing Occupational Therapy program here... hint hint Michelle :)
2 comments:
Ah.. So THATS a Kookaburra! :) it looks like you were an awesome host and entertainer! I really hope Jord and I can come outeventually.
That's funny about Brandon being the designated sailor! And awesome on the bargain shopping!
Miss you guys tons!!!!!!
Op-shops are fabulous. I think we should do that every weekend :) If you look at my blog my items are alo on display - itemised :)
I do love your blog. It's all kinds of fabulous and a light at the end of my dark tunnelled days in the funeral home.
Love you!!
Post a Comment