The only other small update on my end... Is I am proud to announce, that I had to have my blood drawn yet again today, for a tuberculosis test, and I didn't pass out! Wahoo victory is mine! I made sure to eat a candy bar before and to take Gatorade. ha They had to take 3 viles of blood this time, instead of the 1, they took last time when I fainted. So I was pretty proud of myself. Now if I can just figure out how to solve my hitting stationary objects dilemma...... (if you are confused as to why I am writing about getting my blood drawn and hitting stationary objects please refer to the blog after last, for further explanation.)
Wow, this is probably why I don't blog very often, because I blab too much, and what should take me 20 minutes to do, ends up being a 2 hours project. I hope you people reading this appreciate my efforts... you can show your appreciation through comments, thank you!
Moving on... So Sunday April 4, 2010, yet another glorious day with the family. This was when the LDS General Conference was taking place in SLC, but since we are a day ahead, we have to wait until the following weekend to watch it. Brandon and I took my mom and Michelle to our ward, and introduced them to our ward family. We truly love our ward. They have been so warm and welcoming, and have been like another family to us while we've been away. Michelle got some strange looks at church, I think people were alarmed that two of us appeared out of no where. :) After church we decided to pack a picnic and go to Kings Park, overlooking the city. Well the weather didn't corporate, so we ended up eating our picnic in the car. This is a picture right before the rain started. Don't we look over joyed to be there, or some what drunk? One of the two. hahah Maybe we had one too many bundys. My mom is probably going to kill me for posting this, but it brightens my day each time I see it. Everyone needs a good laugh now and again. It's good to laugh at yourself and to not take life too seriously. :)
Michelle and I decided to have a photography contest, to see who could take the best photos, and really "capture the moment." Here are some pictures we took, and when I say we, I mostly mean Michelle. She by far won the contest.... Take this picture below for example. It might be slightly off center, but pretty impressive none the less.
This is me, TRYING to model and failing miserably... This was suppose to be some what of a serious, looking off into the horizon, glamourious type pose... In my opinion this pictures looks like, hmmm what's in my bag? Let's see, there's lip gloss, wallet, camera, cell phone. Yep it's all there. haha
5 comments:
I'm sorry.... Did you say CHASING a kangaroo? I was expecting to watch Brandon running around after it! Haha
And.... I must say that I love the fact that all those pics are in a CEMETERY - yes thats right YANKIES!! Kangaroos hop around our cemeteries - get a load of THAT!
Until next time... Aussie commenter OUT!
xx
Lisa - I LOVE reading your blog! I love hearing about all your adventures in Australia :) That is so fun that your mom and Michelle got to come visit you.
I LOVED seeing pics of you and your family. I will have to agree... I didn't see Brandon running after the kangaroo. You need to go find another one so I can see Brandon running frantically after a Kangaroo. Ha ha. I have it imagined in my head and it's hilarious.
So glad that your mom and Michelle got to visit you. :)
I also the like Aussie words of the day.
Lisa loo! I love reading this blog its great. I wanna be a writer like you. update it again!
Post a Comment