~Charity~
This is part of a talk I gave a few weeks ago in church:
Thank you to all my Aussie friends for your love, support, and service over the past 2 1/2 years. We love you, and will miss you dearly!At the time when we were asked to move I was extremely anxious and worried... moving to a different country without knowing a single soul was definitely going outside of my comfort zone. Our first day of church in the Dianella ward was on Valentiens day if I remember correctly. We had to take a bus from the CBD (central business district), because at the time we didn’t have a car. We were greeted warmly by so many friendly faces that day, and were given a ride home from a couple in the ward. That couple went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Later that week they took us for a tour around Perth, and even made us a map of all the great places to go in Perth. We instantly felt welcome and loved. The relocation agency that was assisting us wasn’t very helpful, and it was actually bishop who helped us find a place to live. In addition to bishop other church members dedicated their time to help us clean the house we were moving into, and donated items such as a tv, a fridge, and a dining table. Brandon and I were overwhelmed with the amount of love, and above all Charity shown to us. These people who we didn’teven know were offering their possessions, and time to help us. From there other members in the ward continued to shower us in love and charity…. Whether it be looking after me and inviting me over for dinner while Brandon was away traveling for work, dropping off a meals or gifts when I had a bad day, or just providing random acts of kindness to show I was cared for... I always felt loved and cared for. We built a home away from home, and even though we were thousands of miles away from our own families, we had a family here in Perth to take care of us. There never was a time where I felt alone. I knew that if there was anything I ever needed our friends here in Perth would be there for us at the drop of a hat.
You have no idea how much those small acts of charity have meant to Brandon and I, and how much it has impacted our lives. I don’t think I have words enough to say just how grateful I am and how I will never forget the love that was shown to us here. These are things that I will remember for the rest of my life.
Because of these experiences I have a true testimony of charity and serving others. I personally have felt how charity can bless a person’s life, and because of my experiences here I strive even more to serve others.

No comments:
Post a Comment