Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cottesloe Beach

Finally pictures of the beach!
We have been to the beach a few times, but I keep forgetting to bring the camera. On Saturday Brandon and I went to Cottesloe beach. It has been SO hot. It has been in the hundreds the past few days, so we were excited about being able to go to the beach to cool off. It was a beautiful day! We made sure to lather on tons of sunscreen. Brandon apparently missed a tiny spot on his ankle, and by the time we got home it was bright red. The sun rays are so much stronger here. Most of the elementary schools in Australia require students to wear hats out to recess, to protect them from the harsh sun rays.
Fish n' chips on the beach! mmmm



It was an awesome day at the beach. I am loving living on the coast, where we can go to the beach whenever we want... but I do miss the Utah mountains.
Update: Brandon and I found a place to live and bought a car! The bishop from the ward we have been attending mentioned that a member of the ward would be moving to the UK for 6 months and was looking for someone to rent her house while she's gone. This worked out perfect for us, since we are still waiting for our stuff to get here, and could be waiting for at least 6 months. She is leaving the house fully furnished for us, and is giving us an incredible deal. We have been so fortunate! She also sold us her 2007 Hyundai Getz. They don't sell Getz in the US. It is a little compact car, and is amazing on gas. They are really popular cars in Australia. We pick up the car on Thursday, and will be moving in on Saturday. I officially started Uni on Monday. I really enjoy my classes so far. Brandon is working hard, and loving his job.
Pictures to come of the new house and car!




5 comments:

Chanse and Janell said...

I'm so happy for you and Brandon! Life in Australia seems great for you two! Living in a different country must be hard, but fun at the same time!!

Jordan and Heather Hart said...

Ah, I would love to be at the beach right now! I'm getting tired of the drab winter and am VERY much looking forward to spring! It sounds like everything is falling into place for you guys though. I can't wait to see a pic of the car and house!! I keep picturing your car looking like the compact car in "Just Married." haha- not sure why. So how's Brandon's job? So you decided to go to school for sure? My dad was saying the curriculum was basically identical to USU's undergrad so we were all wondering if you'd end up going or getting a job instead. I miss you both so stinkin much!!!

Rachel Bullough Easton said...

Phew... You looking freaking hottt in that black top!!!

Rachel Bullough Easton said...

I'm so glad everything has worked out wonderfully! Living right off of the coast and enjoying the beach whenever it tickles your fancy?!?!! Wow is all I gots to say :D Nice set-up indeedy.

So-o tell me, how are your classes??? Still enjoying the outback with your hubby??? I miss you so much and feel like it has been way too long since we last saw each other :(

Absolutely nothing new is going on in my life... I'm rather boring really.

Anyway, I love you and hope that you're as happy as I am when I'm eating cookie dough! You're always in my thoughts!

P.S.
The home computer is still broken... Can I go ahead and send you pictures of the house via my phone???

Rachel Bullough Easton said...

So now that you have heard the news... Are you just so-o excited to see your family!?!?! That will be such an amazing experience for all you of :D

xoxo