Thursday, March 25, 2010

More pictures

Come take a peak into our new home...
Front Door

Back yard... yes the lawn is a little dry. We have a lemon tree, grapes, strawberries, bell peppers, and a variety of herbs. This telephone wire looking thing is where we hang our clothes out to dry. It is so hot that your clothes dry in 30 minutes or less.

Our little patio set, which is missing one chair.

Computer desk (provided by Executive Step, until our stuff arrives)

The Kitchen

In the living room/dining room looking out towards the front door.

Living room

Dining room

Bedroom

Guest bedroom, which is currently also our junk room for the time being.
(Don't worry mom, it will be clean and ready for you when you arrive)

Okay there is a cute story that explains this vibrant yellow shower curtain. When we first moved in I asked Brandon if he would kindly run to the store and buy a shower curtain. (lesson learned ladies if you ask a man to go out and buy something be prepared for what he will come back with) So he comes back grinning from ear to ear with this steal of a deal he found. It cost him $4.00, the best deal we've come across in Perth, and definitely worth every penny. I couldn't help but slightly cringe when I saw it, but he was so happy I didn't want to let him down. A yellow shower curtain... really? It doesn't really go with the color scheme in the bathroom (which girls are particular about), but Brandon said he liked it because it makes him feel sunny ha. So, if it makes him happy then I'm happy. Now whenever I go in to take a shower I chuckle to myself, and think what a wonderful hubby I have. This yellow shower curtain just might be my favorite thing about the house, because it reminds me what's important in life, which is the people we love... :)


Our little bathroom. You may notice that something is missing... a toilet. In Australia the toilet is in a separate room from the bathroom. In our case it is more of a closet than an actual room. I finally understand the term W.C (water closet) now. I didn't take a picture of the W.C because whatever you are imagining is pretty much it.. toilet + closet and a small window= W.C
Oh and we have a laundry room as well, which I forgot to post, but that's not too exciting, so you're not missing much.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!



4 comments:

Chanse and Janell said...

Your house is so cute! I love it. And the yellow shower curtain, that is hilarious! Chanse would totally do something like that! Boys:)

Natalie said...

Cute house! It looks very cozy. :) I like the bright yellow shower curtain.

Matt and Rachel Easton said...

Your house looks so cozy!!! I love your wire framed bed--super adorable!

Anywho, I'm so excited for you to see your family!!! I know what it's like to miss them.

Love you!!!

P.S.

The word verification given for this comment is... ampoo. ha-ha

Jade said...

ummm... crazy americans...
why are you dissing our toilets?