Monday, September 10, 2012

First visit home with Ella

So I am extremely late in posting this.  I was waiting for a certain someone (cough Michelle) to send me pictures from her phone, but I'm still waiting haha, so I decided to do a post with the pictures I have on my phone.  In August I flew home with Ella for a visit.  It was Ella's first plane ride, and I was panicking for weeks and weeks before the flight.  I was so stressed to be flying with a newborn.  You have to take 3 flights to get home... Perth to Sydney, Sydney to LA, LA to SLC.  The Sydney to LA flight is 16 hours!!! So you all can appreciate why I was stressing so much, however Ella surprised us all and did AMAZING on the flight.  She slept seriously the whole time.  I had to wake her up to feed her, and then she would fall right back asleep.  Apparently the high altitude can make babies very sleepy.  No complaining here! 
 I was also fortunate enough to fly to SLC with my mother-in-law Joni.  She was so much help, and I am so grateful that she was there with me.  We also had a lot of funny memories on that trip home haha.... one not so funny memory was that I left my phone in the LA airport.  My phone was unlocked meaning the person had access to everything.  A nice man found it, and mailed it to my parents house.  Definitely a blessing!    


Michelle meeting Ella for the first time.  This picture says it all.. :)  It melts my heart every time I see it.  There were so many emotions.  Two of the most special people in my life meeting for the first time.  Still makes me a bit teary eyed looking at it.


As you can imagine Ella was smothered in kisses by her grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends.  


My grandparents were visiting from Indiana.  I was so happy that they got to meet Ella, and that I got to spend some time with them.  I haven't seen them since our wedding in 2008.  My grandma is an amazing seamstress, and she taught me how to sew.  I made a bib for Ella, and am still in the process of making a diaper bag.  
4 generations

Ella and I flew to Cali for a quick visit with Rach.  I had so much fun. Little baby Ronan is due any day.  It was so much fun seeing her pregnant.  Such a beautiful mommy! 

More kisses

Ella in her bassinet on the plane
I am horrible at remembering to taking pictures.  I didn't get any of the Reese family while I was visiting, even though I spent equal time with both families.  :(  I am so happy that I got to bring Ella home to meet family while she was still a newborn.  She is growing up so fast!  

No comments: