Last week my friend Jade took some newborn shots of Ella. She is also the one that did my pregnancy photos. She does such an amazing job, and should really consider becoming a professional photographer. Ella was just a couple days away from being one month old when the photos were taken.
![]() |
| Before and after shot |
This is pretty much how the majority of the session went. haha
But with lots of patience we were able to get some amazing shots. I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. :) Here are a few of my favorite pictures.
| I love this one because you can see her name on her bracelet |
| Three generations :) |
| I love to kiss these chubby cheeks! |
Funny enough Ella is actually screaming in this photo... you can see her little hand is flapping in the picture. At the time I was desperately trying to calm her down. I love how peaceful and serene the picture turned out considering Ella was screaming bloody murder. I think this picture should be labelled "The love and patience of a mother". There is nothing in this world that can teach your more patience than being a mother. This little bug is teaching me new things every day!
I want to take pictures of her every month so that I can see how much she changes over time. These are her one month old pictures I took today. Technically she is 5 1/2 weeks today, so I am a little behind.
| This photo cracks me up... she looks so unimpressed. haha |
| Shortly after the last photo she fell asleep |
- She was 7 lbs 12 oz at birth and she is now 11 lbs.
- She is getting cute little leg and arm rolls, and is still sporting a double chin. I love her little baby rolls.
- She is also much longer. I think she will be tall when she grows up.
- She is the nosiest sleeper. She was originally sleeping in our room, but we had to move her into her own room because we weren't getting any sleep.
- She makes the cutest little grunting noises. We have nicknamed her Ella Goat.
- She loves to listen when people are talking. If you talk to her she will get really quiet and her eyes will open really wide. You can tell she is listening.
- She hates having her clothes changed.
- She has the funniest scowl. I suppose this is partially my fault. I had an impressive scowl when I was a baby. My parents use to take pictures of me in time out because they thought my scowl was so hilarious.
- At around 6:00 every night our little angel turns into a dragon. Poor little thing has major gas (mostly because she likes to gulp down her milk) and a bit of reflux, so she gets really fussy at night time. We have started using a natural medicine called Infants Friend for nights when she is really unsettled. We like to call it liquid gold, because as soon as you give it to her she calms down immediately and falls asleep. I highly recommend it to other parents our there!
- She fights going to sleep at night, but once she is asleep she will go 6-7 hours in between feeds. She has been doing this consistently for about a week now, so lets hope it stays that way!
- She has rolled on her side once.... and it just so happened to be when my mom was watching her. Apparently she isn't much of a show off because Brandon and I are still waiting for her to do it when we are watching.
- She loves her stroller and going for rides in her car seat.. She pretty much likes anything that moves.
- She loves sitting in her bouncer that vibrates.
- She hates tummy time and usually only lasts about 5 minutes before she gets upset.
- She loves bath time! She is such a little water baby. :)
- She typically poos every other day and they are usually huge blow-outs... meaning it goes through her diaper and clothes. On two occasions it has gone through her diaper, clothes and onto my pants. haha
- She smiles constantly in her sleep and has started smiling more when she is awake.
- She currently has baby acne... apparently it is because of hormones passed through the breast milk and should go away soon.
- She no longer has an old man hair cut. When she was first born she had a major reseeding hair line, but her hair is finally growing in on top.
We love our little girl! :)

1 comment:
She's beautiful! Cant wait to see you guys in person!! PS Hope You had a wonderful Bday!! Love you girl!
Post a Comment