Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful moms out there!  I wanted to wish a very special Mothers Day to my wonderful mom.  I am so grateful to have such an amazing mother.  She has raised me to be the person I am today.  Now that I am having a little girl of my own, I hope to pass on some of the knowledge and values that my mom has passed down to me.  I strive to be a mother that my daughter will grow to look up to, just like I have with my mom.   My mom is one of the most caring, compassionate, hard working people I know.  She is constantly serving others and a true example of Christ.   I love you mom with all my heart!

This mother's day has really opened my eyes to the importance of family.  My Grandma passed away this past Wednesday.  It was anticipated... She was sick for a long time and although she put up a good fight, her body gradually became too fragile to hold on.  It was heart breaking to hear of her passing, especially being so far away from home.  I was however able to find some comfort knowing that my grandma was in a better place and finally at peace.  It made me so grateful for my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and my understanding of life after death.  Although I didn't get to spend time with my grandma before she passed away, I know that I will see her again soon.  I also know that she is in heaven with my grandpa.
It is a bitter sweet time of life... as I watch someone so dear to me pass away, I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new life.  I like to picture my little Ella in heaven waiting alongside my grandma before she comes to earth.  I know that my grandma is watching over us.  I am so grateful for family.  I am grateful that I can be sealed to my family forever, and that no matter what happens in this life we will be together.  There is nothing more important in this life than family.        
I love you grandma


2 comments:

Alexandria Rammell said...

Happy Mother's Day Lisa! I know you will be a wonderful mother in every way!!! And I know your grandma is sitting up there with Ella!!! Love you!!

Alexandria Rammell said...

Happy Mother's Day Lisa! I know you will be a wonderful mother in every way!!! And I know your grandma is sitting up there with Ella!!! Love you!!