Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Goodbye work..... hello motherhood

Last Thursday was officially my last day working at Next Challenge.  Next Challenge is a private speech pathology clinic for those of you who don't know.  I was originally planning on sticking it out one more week (today would technically be my last day), but I was really starting to feel run down, and decided it would best to finish a week earlier... Especially if little Ella decides to make her appearance early.  I need to get rest while I can! 
According to my due date I am now 36 weeks, however according to her size/development she is closer to 37/38.  At our last doctors appointment the doctor did her usual scan... and yep our little munchkin is still growing strong.  I think she is anxious to come out and meet her parents.  ;)  The doctor also did a scan to estimate her current weight... and she is 6lbs already.   I couldn't believe it!!!  We are either going to have a little chunkster, or maybe she is just really long.  haha Either way is fine with me, as long as she is healthy.  Plus who doesn't love fat rolls on babies.  :)  Because of her size, and my small frame the doctor is considering inducing me a week early.  That means I only have 3 more weeks to go, unless she comes on her own!   How exciting.  :)    
A few weeks ago we had a work party and went bowling.  We all wore crazy socks (as you can see below).  I absolutely love the group of girls I work with, and I'm really sad to be leaving them.
The Next Challenge gang
Did someone swallow a bowling ball?


Preggo bowling

They also threw me a baby shower on my last day, and spoiled me with lots of adorable gifts for Ella.  I love what I do, and I'm really sad to be leaving the Next Challenge team... but also really looking forward to my new chapter of life as a mum.  Not long to go now! 

1 comment:

Jordan and Heather Hart said...

Lisa, you are so cute! That's awesome that your work was so wonderful and spoiled you. I'm so glad you had people to throw you showers, especially because the family isn't around to do that for you.