Right after our ultrasound we hurried home to skype with both our families. We made everyone guess boy or girl and the votes were 50/50. Everyone was VERY excited! Later that night we had a gender revealing party with some of our close friends. We did a potluck dinner so everyone brought a dish to share and then I made a cake (pictured above) to make the big announcement.
I was pretty proud of my cake decorating skills and I would like to note that the entire cake was made from scratch (even the frosting)! It turned out perfect and was very yummy. The majority of our friends had guessed boy so it was a fun surprise for everyone.
As for an update on my pregnancy... I feel great! No real complaints here. The 2nd trimester so far has been smooth sailing. I am no longer nauseous and have a huge appetite, which is a nice change. My belly has grown nearly 20 cm since being pregnant. Can you believe it?!?! I was 67 cm before and now I'm 86cm! It's fun having a little bump... although not so fun sometimes finding an outfit that looks good. haha I have gained 10 pounds so far. I also started feeling her move a couple days ago. It felt like little pop corns popping in my belly (I think that was her punching/kicking me) and every once in awhile I'll feel her roll around. Such an amazing feeling! I am really enjoying the journey and am so excited for her to get here!!!!!
That's all the updates for now.... at some point I'll get on the ball and post about my families Christmas vacation in Perth. So many pictures to chose from!!! Stay tuned! xx
4 comments:
Lisa, I am SO excited for you guys! Isn't feeling the baby great? I miss it actually. I know that's weird to say, but once I felt Beckham that's when I feel like I really became attached to him. I can't WAIT to meet my niece. I wish I could fly out there and meet her.
I think you look fantastic, don't worry about the weight.
Love you guys so much! Keep me posted on everything, ok?
So excited for you two!!!
Love and Miss you guys!!
Sooooo excited for you!! I loved having a girl first and loved buying all the pink, bows, dresses, etc.
You look GREAT!!
oh my gosh... I KNEW IT!!! Yay! A little pink friend for Maddie. So so excited - I love you... and her!! xx
Post a Comment