I wasn't as diligent with my camera as I should have been, but I was able to capture some of the highlights.
Whenever I go home I always think how beautiful Utah is. It's funny because I've lived in Utah my whole life, but after moving away it feels like I'm seeing everything through fresh eyes. I absolutely love the Utah mountains. I love how clean it is and how friendly every one is. I love the Salt Lake temple. Most of all I love the feeling of Salt Lake because it feels like home. Michelle likes to tease me because when I come home to visit all of a sudden I turn into a tourist... I get excited about ordinary things such as going to the Avenues 'Smiths', going to 711, going to Walmart & Target, going for a walk up city creek canyon, eating at Chilies, walking around temple square. Things that I use to do all the time, but never really thought about before.
Here are a couple of my more touristy photos...










State capitol building over looking Memory Grove
Salt Lake temple
Hands down the best part of being home is spending time with family. Which we were able to do lots of and luckily we were there long enough to spread our time evenly between both families. One of the highlights was on our first night we had a huge family BBQ with the Reese family and Amussen family. It was so much fun getting everyone together... even if Brandon and I were a little loopy from jet lagg. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the BBQ.
Also, while we were home we got to catch up with Brandon's great Aunt Marilyn for her birthday. :) We also celebrated my brother in-law's b.day... unfortunately no pictures of that either. I'm terrible when it comes to taking pictures. Happy birthday Brad!
We love you Marilyn!
I was able to spend a couple days up at my families ranch. This is my ultimate sanctuary and is full of such wonderful childhood memories. I love going up into the mountains away from everything and being able to relax and spend time with family. It was also fun to see the new renovations my family has done on the cabin. The deck outside is new!
At the ranch
Another highlight of the trip was having the whole Reese family together. It has been 2 years since we have all been together. August of 2009 Ryan, Brandon's younger brother, left for a mission in Ecuador and just got back a few months ago. It was so much fun seeing him and hearing about his mission. We missed him so much! It was also fun having the newly weds, Ashlee and Jason, in town from Oregon to visit. I love this crazy bunch and am so happy that I get to be a Reese!
And I love spending time with my cute little nephew who is growing up so fast! I still feel like he should only be a few months old. He is getting so big! This is one of my favourite pictures from the trip. So cute!
So, I am obsessed with haunted houses... don't ask me why because they really freak me out (especially the freakishly tall grim reaper looking people... they literally make me want to cry) but I love them!!! Halloween in general is one of my favourite holidays and I always feel a little jipped because it isn't really celebrated here in Australia. So even though it was September Brandon and I made sure to go to Nightmare on 13th and it was worth every penny. Following the haunted house we all went to village inn for dinner.
Dinner at Village Inn
Love my Sista
Well there were lots more exciting things that happened... but I of course forgot to take pictures. Another highlight from the trip was seeing my best friend Rachel from California, who flew out to visit me. :) And Brandon and I got to see our long lost buddies from Utah State who just moved back from Florida. We have missed you goobers! Other highlights include going to the avenues fair & farmers market, walking sawyer... or should I say having him walk me, doing crafts with Michelle, catching up with friends, eating LOTS of yummy food and going shopping!
All in all it was an amazing trip and I miss everyone so much already!
At the airport flying back to Perth
Well I hope I can come home to visit again soon. I can't wait for my family to come out in December for an Aussie Christmas. Get ready for the heat family because it's going to be a scorcher!
No comments:
Post a Comment