Jumper: Sweater
I had the day off from prac today, so instead of cracking down on some homework, I decided to surf the web for volunteer opportunities in Perth... and came across this.
Radio Lollipop is a nationwide charity organization for children who are sick in hospital. There is one at Fremantle hospital, and one at Princess Margret Hospital in Perth. I am so excited about it. Here is a little blurb about what the position entails."Each Radio Lollipop station has its own team members who run the radio station, involve children in play activities and use the sounds of radio to stimulate the children´s imaginations. A stimulating mix of music and participation games is broadcast in children´s wards and rooms. Volunteers work at the bedside, playing games and co-ordinating art projects and contests in which all the sick children have the chance to win prizes. Through play, a child can find security and stability. Experience has shown that a happy motivated child can respond faster to treatment." Click here to view the website.
You are required to put in 2 hours a week, and although I'm super busy with Uni I am going to do everything in my power to make this happen. What a great opportunity to serve in the community. :)


2 comments:
I love it what a sweet idea. Those kids deserve someone like you.
Oh Lisa! That's perfect for you!!! You are so sweet and giving. The children will gain so much just by being around you. That sounds like such a neat opportunity! Good luck! I miss and love you!!!
Post a Comment