Monday, August 9, 2010

No place to call home....

I should be sleeping at the moment, but I have a persistent migraine that has been following me around since 6:00 am this morning (it is now 11:00 pm). I have had one too many Excedrins (Panadol + caffeine for you Aussies) so I am wide awake, and still have a pounding headache. What I would really like to do right now is snuggle up in a comfy blanket, with my heater blasting, and watch gossip girl until I fall asleep (thanks jade for letting me borrow the 1st season), but alas my dang DVD player has decided to call it quits on me... so here I am. I could be studying, but I don't want to overwork my brain. It's already had a rough day as it is. On Mondays and Wednesdays I have Uni from 8:00am to 6:00 pm straight... HEAPS of brain power used today (hence the migraine most likely). I thought I would write about a dilemma Brandon and I are having.... We have been living in a ladies house while she has been in the UK for the past 6 months.
Excuse me... Can I just make a quick side comment. I can't believe we have been living in AUS for almost 7 months! Crazy how time flies. (yes, I'm on Excedrin and have trouble keeping on topic... Joni maybe you can possibly relate to this? haha)
Anyway back to the dilemma, our dear friend Mavis will be back at the beginning of September to claim her house, so we will be homeless. On top of that Brandon is leaving for Africa to roam with the elephants and life sucking mosiqitos, on the 21st this month. So needless to say, we are in a major time crunch. We are trying to get moved out before he leaves... because let's face it I REALLY don't want to move alone. I'm buff and all.. but these impressive guns aren't going to lift a washing machine, dresser and fridge on their own.
Dilemma numero 2... Perth+ renting= ridiculous. You can only apply for one place at a time because you have to put down a weeks payment, and if you are accepted they take it. So if you decide you don't want to live there you are SOL my friends... that $400.00 or so you paid up front is gone to the wind. We put an application in on Friday for a house in Bayswater, and still haven't heard back if we got it or not. We are thinking no... considering we were probably the 5th applicant. But who knows, we could get lucky.
Dilemma numero 3... we want to stay in the ward boundaries. Brandon was called as the Elders Quorum president and I am in the stake primary presidency, so we don't want to move outside of the boundaries. This however severely limits where we can live. Luckily we are not in Utah and have about a 30 minute radius to either side of us to branch out from... but still, it makes things quite challenging. So there you have it. If you do the math we need to move out in 11 days and counting, and we still have no place to call home.....

2 comments:

Jade said...

Leeeeeeesssssaaaaaa! it's going to be okay. Promise. I really think that. And... if worse comes to worst, you can stay in our spare room until you find something and store your stuff where my lack of a car should be!!! haha
Chin up - I am sure a lovely home is just around the corner! xxx
P.S. Come and get our DVD player to borrow, we can watch DVDs on the X-Box, so we won't miss it for a few weeks... :) You can GG it up!

Natalie said...

Good luck finding a place to live in a short amount of time. I'm sure it will all work out. I found a place in two days when I moved to Kansas last year.