Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy birthday Maddie

Happy birthday little miss Madeline!  We got to celebrate Maddie's first birthday this weekend.  Jade threw a "Madeline" party (from the Madeline books).  It was adorable.  The cake turned out amazing.  Jade's friend Jen made it.  I wish I could decorate cakes like that.  One day I hope to take a cake decorating class.
We all sang Happy Birthday to Maddie, and people took pictures of her sitting next to the cake.  As if in slow motion Maddie started to grab for the flame on the candle, and I let out a huge shriek (so embarrassing) haha. Luckily Jade grabbed her hand in time, but poor Maddie started crying because it scared her.  Oh dear. As soon as she dug into her cake she forgot all about it though.  Such a little cutie!  I have loved watching this little munchkin grow over the past year.  She will always be my Australian niece.  :)  





No comments: