Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Michelle's visit to Oz

Last month Michelle got to come to Perth to complete fieldwork at the Multiple Sclerosis society. Lucky for me that meant that I got to have my sis visiting for 2 1/2 weeks. :)
Michelle getting ready to go to her fieldwork

Unfortunately Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30 Michelle had to be at field work and I had to work, but we made the most of the time we had in between. For Michelle's first weekend in Perth we went on a girls trip to Rottnest island. Which is personally one of my favourite places to visit in Western Australia. There are the most beautiful beaches and I knew Michelle would absolutely love it. We got up early Saturday morning and took a short ferry ride over to Rottnest and spent all day Saturday and Sunday exploring the island, soaking up the sun on the beach and relaxing. It was a much needed getaway and I loved getting to spend some quality time with my sis.




Beauty and the whale

We also got to see the Hunger Games together! We have both read the books and were really excited to see the movie. To be honest I wasn't too impressed by the movie, it was entertaining.. but didn't compare to the books. I do find this picture humorous.... Hunger games for the always hungry pregnant lady.


We also hit up San Churros (Michelle's favourite) for some churros and hot chocolate. yum!



On Michelle's last day we went to Caversham wild life park. Michelle's Australian dream was to a.) feed a kangaroo and b.) hold a koala. Well we definitely full filled the first wish and came pretty close to fulfilling the second. Caversham has an area where you can feed kangaroos... There has to be close to a hundred or more kangaroos and they are all out in the open. I have never seen Michelle so excited. It was a great way to end the trip!



Oh and funniest moment of the trip.... I told Michelle to go stand next to the Emu so I could get a picture. Seriously within seconds of me taking this picture the Emu tried to peck Michelle's head. Can you see the fear on her face? haha I have never laughed so hard. So glad we could capture this moment. Any time I'm feeling down I will just pull up this picture for a good laugh.

Michelle got to pet a koala and get a picture with one.... I'd say that's pretty dang close to holding one!

And did I mention we got to pet a giant wombat?!?!. Awesome!

All in all it was an amazing trip and I'm so glad that I got to hang out with my sis. Even though it was a short visit and most of it was spent working, I still cherished every moment spent with her. Even if we were sitting watching a movie, or driving to fieldwork it was great just having her with me. There is no friendship in this world that can compare to the bond shared between sisters. I love her so much and am so grateful to have her as a sister. Thanks for visiting Chell. I miss you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like SUCH a fun trip!! And I agree...nothing compares to the friendship you have with a sister!

Beauty and the whale?? HA...YEAH RIGHT!! More like beauty and beauty. You look GREAT! Yay for us almost being done with pregnancy!!