Sunday, July 31, 2011

Exciting times!


I'm back in the blogging groove! I'm still playing catch up, but my goal after this entry is to try to stay up to date with everything. There have been some exiting past events I thought I would catch you up on. But before I start..... (drum roll please) exciting news #1, is Brandon and I will be coming home to Salt Lake for a visit in September! Brandon is flying to the US to attend a conference in Elko Nevada, and they are allowing me to fly with him business class for FREE! I won't be attending the conference in Elko with Brandon.... so I get 2 1/2 full weeks to spend at home surrounded by family and friends. I'm so excited! Also, my brother in-law gets home in August so it will be our first time in two years having the whole Reese clan together. Can't wait! :)
*Exciting times in July*
A few weeks ago I got to see the musical Wicked! If any of you haven't seen it, it is wicked good and I highly recommend it. I love all the songs (I'm a sucker for musicals) and it is just so dang witty. I love how they tie everything into the wizard of oz. For those of you who don't know the story background... it is suppose to be the untold story of Oz and what happened in the beginning. I loved it SO much, that I had to go back and see it the following week! My friend Dionne, who is a die hard Wicked fan, told me about the wicked lottery. You put your name into a lottery drawing and if your name is drawn you win 2 up close seats to see Wicked for $35.00 each. Normal tickets are usually around $100.00, so it is a freaking awesome deal. So Dannii, Cody, Brandon and I decided to try our luck a the lotto. Dannii was lucky and won 2 tickets.. Unfortunately Brandon and I weren't so lucky... However my friend Dionne won (yet again) and was kind enough to give us her tickets. Bless her cotton socks! I loved it. I'm already planning my next entry in the Wicked lottery... although I'm not sure how keen Brandon is on the whole idea of going to see it again. I guess I have until September to convince him!

Wicked little Ozians! Oh and we got cool green slushies in a glowing cup!
The next exciting event that took place in July, was a last minute getaway to Pemberton and Margaret River a couple weeks ago. The Williams' and Brandon and I decided it was due time to get away. Uni had started back up, work was going full force for Brandon and he was finally home for a weekend, so we decided why not. We didn't have any plans set in stone, other than we were going to have an awesome time! We left friday afternoon and took a 5 hour drive down to Pemberton and spent the night in an old fashion villa fully equipped with a hot tub! Dannii and I spent the drive crocheting and playing words with friends (best iphone app ever!) while the boys talked about cars, and computers (boy things). Once we got there we had dinner at a little pub (the only thing open in town), witnessed some drunk karaoke (always entertaining) and heading back to the spa. It was a fun, relaxing night.
In the morning we attempted the 200 ft tree climb..... Yikes!
Dannii and Cody
Yes I climbed this!
After watching a 7 year old climb down, I tried to put on a brave face... thinking it would be NO BIG deal. As you can see there is no harness to keep you from falling to your death and no netting underneath to catch you. There is only netting on the side. Half way up I was seriously shaking in my boots and hyperventilating. Unfortunately there were people behind me so there was no turning back. I just had to repeat positive thoughts and take deep breaths until I made it to the top!
Once I finally made it up there (which felt like AGES), a spectacular view awaited me. It was some-what worth it... although I don't know if I would be brave enough to do it again.
Next up was visiting Mammoth Cave just outside of Margaret River. Followed by sweets from the Candy Cow and Chocolate Factory... then we continued our long drive home. It was the perfect little get away full of adventure!
The next (probably most) exciting thing I would now like to share/ show off. Is my adorable little niece Maddeline Beth Kendall. Technically by blood I am not her relative, but I think this little bean knows just how much I love her. So at heart I am just like an auntie. She was born on 11/07/2011 and is pure perfection. You did well Jade and Doug! Last sunday was her baby blessing and she looked like a little angel all dressed in white. She is such a good baby and loves to give cuddles... oh and did I mention I love to give her LOTS of cuddles.

Jade and Maddi with her two aunties! Love you. xx

3 comments:

Jordan and Heather Hart said...

OH my, you guys have done such fun stuff!!I LOVE LOVE Wicked!!! I saw it on Broadway in NYC and I swore I'd go back and take Jordan so he could see it. I am a HUGE Wicked fan. I'm so excited about you coming in September! I didn't realize you'd get to be here for so long.. I am SO excited! When do you guys come? YAY YAY! I told my Mom we have to get family pictures since this is the first time (and last) in a long time. My Dad was also wanting me to think of fun things to do: Ash wants to do tin foil dinners in the mountains one night. What would you guys want to do? I thought Lagoon could be pretty fun too.
Congrats on being an auntie ;) That's very exciting news.
Love you miss you and my bro. Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Michelle said...

I'm COMMENTING!!! Ahem.. I would like credit for this one! That tree climb looks terrifying, but so fun! I really wanna try it when I come out, That and the villa, oh, and the spa too... Could I just try it all?!
Miss you lots and can't wait to see you in September! xoxo

Jade said...

what a freakin' cute baby!!!!! I want her... Oh wait - she's mine!! I love your blog Lis... Please keep writing, I get so excited when someone other than me writes! :)
Love you lots Aunty Lisa! x