Sunday, June 26, 2011

4 months later

Wow it has officially been my longest dry spurt from blogging. 4 months have passed and a lot has happened. I won't be able to go into too much detail or I'd be here all night. So I thought I would bring you all up to speed on a few highlights from the past few months….

1. I went home to visit my family in Feburary after finding an awesome deal on flights. Some of the highlights from the trip were going to Las Vegas where we got to see the Lion King and Cirque De Solie perform. Amazing! I also got to hit the slopes with Michelle, Brad and my dad. Love the Utah mountains. I do miss having snow for that reason… Can’t ski here in Perth. Had a surprise party thrown for me at Spaghetti factory with all my close friends and family, followed by a comedy show. Went shopping with my sister and sister in law Heather. Oh how I miss US prices! Got to play with my adorable nephew Beckham who is getting so big! By far the best part of the trip was spending quality time with my wonderful family (both sides). I couldn’t ask for a more loving, supportive, fun family. Miss you!

Arriving at the Salt Lake airport

Viva Las Vegas
Hiking in Las Vegas
Surprise party
Skiing
Salt Lake temple
my cute nephew!

2.Went to the Michael Buble concert the day I got back from the US. Love him!
Outdoor concert= awesome. The only problem is we forgot a blanket. ;)

3. Celebrated Brandon’s 27th birthday. My handsome hubby is getting to be an old fart. My birthday is Tuesday and I will be turning 25, so I guess I’m not too far behind him. I threw him a surprise birthday party at an italian restaurant (Italian is his favorite type of food), followed by Reese's cupcakes and icecream at our house.
Birthday boy

4.Was lucky enough to fly home again at the end of April for my sister-in laws wedding. Mrs Ashlee Harman was a beautiful bride and I was so happy that I was able to be there for her special day. :)

Love the Reese family

5. I finished the first semester in my final year of uni and am finally on the downhill stretch. With only one semester left, it finally feels like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. These past 7 years have been hard, but well worth it in the long run. Can’t wait to be finished and be out working doing something I truly love.
To see more pictures of my trip home in February and April click on the following link:
Still more updates to come, but that is all for now!

1 comment:

Jordan and Heather Hart said...

Lisa, I'm so happy you updated!! As I was going through those facebook pictures, did you notice I am a creeper in two of them? Lurking in the background. ha ha. It was hilarious! We miss you so much! I wish you could come in September!