Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One smart hubby!

Aussie Slang Word of the Day is...
(depending on your level of maturity you may find these slang words humorous)
Rubber: pencil eraser
Thongs: flip-flops

Last week the mother board on our desk top computer up and died on us without warning. The computer was two years young and the worst part is we had just barely finished paying off the debt on it (we bought it when we were poor college students). Needless to say Brandon and I were not impressed by the whole situation. Brandon took apart the computer to see if he could fix it somehow, but unfortunately our poor little computer was beyond a quick repair and required the big bucks.... which in that case we might as well have bought a new computer. Brandon did some research and decided that he would rather build a computer on his own, instead of buy one because A. it would save us money and B. it would be upgradable if we ever wanted to change anything. I personally do not speak 'computer language,' so not really understanding a word he was saying about RAM and all the other computer related lingo mentioned, I nodded agreeably knowing full heartidly that Brandon was capable of pulling this off. So, without fail Brandon built us a brand new computer from scratch, in 3 hours might I add and it works better than ever. All I gotta say is I have one smart hubby! I'm pretty sure he could fix anything and I don't know what I would do without him. Not only is he a whiz at fixing things, but another thing I admire about Brandon is his motivation and ambition towards life. He always has a new hobby or a project he is working on. Last month's hobby was sailing, this months hobbies include road biking and scuba diving. Who knows what will come next. I did not marry a couch potato by any stretch of the imagination.... In fact I married someone who is polar opposite. Brandon does so many things at once sometimes I feel as though I have whip lash trying to keep up with him. With Brandon, life is an adventure and I'm lucky that he takes me along for the ride. Since we weren't able to make it home for Christmas because of ridiculous airfare prices, Brandon has planned the ultimate Christmas vacation to ease our sorrows of being away from family over the holidays. Our 10 day vacation consists of sky diving from 14,000 feet, river rafting, a rainforest tour, and a four day Great Barrier Reef scuba diving trip! Definitely a Christmas we will remember for the rest of our lives.
Brandon knows how to play hard, but also knows how to crack down when it's time to work. Somehow Brandon manages to work 50 hours a week, which is a LOT and still come home energetic and excited to hang out with his needy wife. :) I am grateful for my smart, outgoing, adventurous, spontaneous, hard working, ambitious husband. :) What a stud!


Brandon with his new road bike and biking gear!
Brandon getting scuba certified :)

Scuba trip to Rottnest Island



Love you babe! xx

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I am impressed that Brandon was able to rebuild the computer. That rocks. Looks like you got yourself a keeper. :)

Jade said...

I love you two! Does Brandon want to build me a new computer next?? xx