Thursday, October 7, 2010

Perth Royal Show

Aussie Slang Word of the Day
Fairy Floss: Cotton Candy Last week my friend Anouck took me to the Perth Royal show, and what an adventure that was! Take the Utah fair + some Aussie flare= the Perth Royal Show.


What do you do at the Perth Royal Show......
1. Watch the wood chopping event of course....

Watching burly men compete to see who can chop wood the fastest, is surprisingly quite an exhilarating experience! I highly recommend it.
3. Get free food!
4. Go on rides! (maybe reverse 3 & 4 if you have a weak stomach)5. Get your face painted (Nemo Theme)

6. Hold cute fluffy bunnies. I really want one.
7. Watch sheep herding dogs in action... also want one of these (the dog that is, not the sheep)

It was a great day! :) Thanks Anouck!


























2 comments:

john + becky said...

Ahh the good ol' fair :) I don't know why I love going so much, but I do.

I love when you update! I hope you and Brandon are doing well.

Natalie said...

That looks like tons of fun. I like the wood chopping event. How random to watch people chop wood! You should get a sheep dog - Australian Shepherds are awesome. :)