I suppose it is about time I started this blog, considering Brandon set this up almost two years ago, and we've never used it. So here it goes...
I figure this will be a good way for everyone to keep in touch, and see what's happening over on our end. Since we are most likely moving to Australia in about a month, I hope this will help everyone stay a little more connected, but if not, there's always facebook. I still have no idea how to work this blogging thing, but I'm going to give it a shot.
Brandon was officially offered the position as a regional manager for Barrick Gold, over the Australia region. It is a two- three year position. (We are hoping for it to be closer to 2 years, but we will see what happens.) I applied for graduate school at Curtin University, in Perth, to finish my masters degree in speech language pathology, and was accepted. My masters program will take two years to complete. The program begins February 15th. It seems like so far everything seems to be working out! If we accept the offer we will be moving in about a month. Barrick will pay for all of our moving expenses, and pay for us to live somewhere until we find a place to rent. We have bitter-sweet feelings about the job offer. It will be a new exciting adventure, but we are sad to leave all of our family and friends.
2 comments:
Yay- I'm glad you started a blog for us non-facebookers! I am also excited I am the first one to leave you a comment. woot woot.
Anyway, Jordan and I will really miss you guys if you end up going to Australia, but I know it will be a really good opportunity for you as well. Hopefully you guys can come back and visit really often.
I'm loving the blog :) What a neat idea!
Anyway pumpkin, I'm going to miss you terribly--I already do! You and Brandon should bring me a kangaroo........ alive. I have always wanted a pet kangaroo! Anywho, Matt and I really want to come visit! And of course, upon returning to the states you'll have to visit me in California.
I love you!
Rachel
Post a Comment